Bookmark and Share

Women's Canadian Club of Vancouver

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Women's Canadian Club of Vancouver

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1909-2005

History

The Women's Canadian Club of Vancouver was organized in 1909 with the purposes of fostering patriotism, encouraging the study of Canada's history, art, literature and resources, and working for the "welfare and progress of the Dominion". Over the years, the Club's major activity has been the sponsorship of speeches by distinguished visitors from around the world on topics including current events, education, religion and the Arts. The Club also sponsored university scholarships and donated to war relief during both World Wars. In 1986, the Club celebrated Vancouver’s 100th year anniversary with the City, helping coordinate a bronze coat of arms art piece created by artist Elek Imredy for the wall of Council Chambers. On June 14, 2004 the Club held its last official luncheon event. Following, the Women’s Canadian Club of Vancouver amalgamated with the Men’s Canadian Club in September of 2004. The Women's Canadian Club of Vancouver formally disbanded in 2005.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes