Bookmark and Share

Fonds AM371 - Women's Auxiliary of the Vancouver Pioneer's Association fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Women's Auxiliary of the Vancouver Pioneer's Association fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Photograph

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

AM371

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1914-1987 (Creation)
    Creator
    Women's Auxiliary of the Vancouver Pioneers' Association

Physical description area

Physical description

0.65 m of textual records
1 folder of photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1914-1987)

Administrative history

The Women's Auxiliary of the Vancouver Pioneer's Association was organized in 1914, its first meeting was held on December 14th at 441 Seymour Street. Among the declared aims of the Auxiliary were to gather and preserve facts, photographs, plans, relics, and historical information pertaining to City of Vancouver and its pioneer citizens. An eligibility requirement for membership, as set out in the by-laws, required members to be: "All white women of good character who were residents of the area known as Greater Vancouver prior to the 31st day of December 1891". The Auxiliary raised funds for numerous patriotic causes and in 1927 became a registered society. The association was wound down in 1987, due to dwindling membership.

Custodial history

Presented to the Archives in April 1976 and May 1987 by Past President L. Bolton.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of minute books, annual reports, membership records, financial records, photographs, and a scrapbook. Also present is a history of the association.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

File list available.

Associated materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres