Title and statement of responsibility area
Vancouver Lions Ladies' Club fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on provenance of fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Vancouver Lions Ladies' Club
Physical description area
- 0.45 m of textual records
- 33 photographs
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Vancouver Lions Ladies' Club was formed in 1937, the "object and purpose ... [being] to form an association of women, united in a common purpose to strengthen the bonds of friendship, to encourage participation in matters which are for the betterment of [the] community, and generally to promote and develop good citizenship." Members were women relatives or friends of a Lion or women sponsored by a member of the Lions Ladies' Club. In May 1937 Mrs. E. W. Andrews was elected first president. For over six decades the club raised funds for philanthropic work and made donations to various charitable institutions through garden parties, teas, fashion shows, rummage sales and bridge parties. In January 2002 a decision was taken to disband the club as it had been known since 1937 and to continue as a friendship group with monthly luncheons. The club disbanded in June 2004.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of the records of the Lions Ladies' Club and includes constituiton and by-laws, correspondence, agendas, minutes, financial reports, photographs, and newspaper clippings.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated in 2001 by Mrs. W.J. Parton, 2003 by Mrs. M. Wijbrandus, treasurer, and Mrs. Pamela Fast, president, and 2005 by Mrs. Pamela Fast, president.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
File list available.