Bookmark and Share

Fonds AM130 - Vancouver Lawn Tennis Club minutes

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Vancouver Lawn Tennis Club minutes

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

AM130

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1897 (Creation)
    Creator
    Vancouver Lawn Tennis Club

Physical description area

Physical description

4 pages

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Vancouver Lawn Tennis Club came into existence in 1897. Property was acquired in the West End on Barclay Street, between Denman and Bidwell, with grass courts, cinder courts and a croquet lawn. Land was purchased from the C.P.R. and in 1914 the club moved to the corner of Fir Street and West 16th Avenue, offering nine grass courts, four clay courts, and two croquet lawns. In 1928 badminton courts were added. The name of the club was changed to the Vancouver Lawn Tennis and Badminton Club. In 1947 the property was finally debt free. In 1956 the swimming pool was built. In 1957 the new clubhouse was opened at West 15th Avenue and Fir Street. In 1961 another addition containing squash courts was opened.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The collection consists of the minutes of a meeting held at the Hotel Vancouver on 2 October 1897, which formed the Vancouver Lawn Tennis Club.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Copies made from originals, courtesy of Alan Stevenson, historian of the Vancouver Lawn Tennis and Badminton Club in 1972.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Folder formerly located at 512-A-04 fld 04

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Container name

  • Box: 604-E-03 fld 09