Bookmark and Share

Vancouver Lawn Tennis Club

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Vancouver Lawn Tennis Club

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Vancouver Lawn Tennis Club came into existence in 1897. Property was acquired in the West End on Barclay Street, between Denman and Bidwell, with grass courts, cinder courts and a croquet lawn. Land was purchased from the C.P.R. and in 1914 the club moved to the corner of Fir Street and West 16th Avenue, offering nine grass courts, four clay courts, and two croquet lawns. In 1928 badminton courts were added. The name of the club was changed to the Vancouver Lawn Tennis and Badminton Club. In 1947 the property was finally debt free. In 1956 the swimming pool was built. In 1957 the new clubhouse was opened at West 15th Avenue and Fir Street. In 1961 another addition containing squash courts was opened.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places