Bookmark and Share

Vancouver General Hospital. Women's Auxiliary

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Vancouver General Hospital. Women's Auxiliary

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Women's Auxiliary to the Vancouver General Hospital was organized in 1902 to raise money for an ambulance. In subsequent years, funds were raised through tag days and hospital balls to equip hospital facilities, to purchase supplies and furniture, and to start a library. In 1912, the Auxiliary initiated social service work in the Hospital by hiring a trained worker and supplying a car for her use. The Auxiliary ceased activities between 1927 and 1930, but was revived with the arrival of the Depression. The Auxiliary was dissolved in January 31, 2003.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes