Bookmark and Share

Vancouver Club

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Vancouver Club

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

In 1890, a group of Vancouver businessmen headed by Campbell Sweeney formed The Vancouver Club. In 1891, the Club became a limited company. The first trustees, G.G. Mackay, E.E. Rand, D. Oppenheimer, and H. Bell-Irving, purchased a lot overlooking the harbour, and called for tenders. Owing to financial difficulties, the Club transferred properties to another limited company, the Granville Club Company. The membership of the Club grew, and by 1913, the construction of a new clubhouse was completed.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes