Title and statement of responsibility area
Vancouver 100 - City of the Century [album]
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
- 327 photographs : col.
- < 0.01 m of textual material
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
File consists of 327 photographs and some ephemeral material, such as pamphlets, invitations, and programs, relating to Centennial events that were arranged into a photograph album.
Includes photographs and ephemera relating to the following events:
- Ford Motor Company of Canada Ltd. 'Make Vancouver Sparkle,' February 26, 1986 (2011-010. 1255 to 2011-010.1276)
- Vancouver AM Welcome to Vancouver sign unveiling, April 4, 1986, Oak and 71st Street and Chevron Stage On the Move (2011-010.1277 to 2011-010.1291)
- Castle Vancouver Opening, Pacific Centre Plaza, April 4, 1986 and Vancouver Coeverden Society, KLM Airlines (2011-010.1292 to 2011-010.1310)
- Arrival of the Governor General at the C.N. Rail Station, April 5, 1986 (2011-010.1311 to 2011-010.1320); Woodward s putting the birthday cake together, Stanley Park, April 5, 1986 (2011-010.1321 to 2011-010.1326)
- Distinguished Pioneer Award ceremony, Hotel Vancouver, April 5, 1986 (2011-010.1327 to 2011-010.1339)
- Happy Birthday Vancouver! April 6, 1986 (2011-010.1340 to 2011.010.1378)
- 'Remembering Vancouver', April 6, 1986 - opening - 'Remembering Vancouver' display at Vancouver Museum (2011-010.1379 to 2011-010. 1384)
- [An Historic Reconstruction for Voices of Vancouver's First City Council] (2011-010.1385 to 2011-010.1397; Reenactment program 2011-010.1827);
- Vancouver Day, June 13th, 1986, celebrated at the Expo Site and in Gastown (2011-010.1398 to 2011-010.1405)
- [Boat cruise] (2011-010.1406 to 2011-010.1423)
- Canada Day Festival, Brockton Point, Stanley Park, July 1, 1986 (2011-010.1424 to 2011-010.1462)
- [BC Lions Centennial Salute, July 19, 1986] (2011-010.1463 to 2011-010.1465)
- [Event at the Arts, Sciences and Technology Centre] (2011-010.1466 to 2011-010.1487)
- [Yokohama Day, August 23] (2011-010.1488 to 2011-010.1499)
- Denman Mall, Feb. 1, 1986, The Mint Edition (2011-010.1500 to 2011-010.1504)
- Chinese New Year, February 9, 1986 (2011-010.1505 to 2011-010.1514)
- Tillicum s Birthday Party March 28, 1986, Visibly Shakin (2011-010.1515 to 2011-010.1526)
- Sun Run, May 10, 1986 (2011-010.1527 to 2011-010.1528); Okanagan Express Relay Dinner, June 6, 1986 (2011-010.1529 to 2011-010.1530)
- [Miscellaneous events] (2011-010.1531 to 2011-010.1581). Miscellaneous events photographs includes two photographs of the Centennial Handicap event (2011-010.1539 and 2011-010.1544) and one photograph of Tillicum's birthday party (2011-010.1581)
Ephemeral material was assigned item numbers 2011-010.1822 to 2011-010.1829.
Immediate source of acquisition
- Photographs in this file have been assigned item numbers 2011-010.1255 to 2011-010.1581. Ephemeral material has been assigned item numbers 2011-010.1822 to 2011-010.1829.
- Photographs were arranged into pages with 4 sleeves. Photographs were numbered clockwise from the top left sleeve, and the number of the album page was written on the envelope for each photograph. Ephemeral material was removed and placed in one folder, in the order in which it appeared in the album, with a note in pencil on each item as to its original location in the album.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Other photographs relating to some of these Centennial events may be located in the VCC Sports Program photographs album (2011-010.1582 to 2011-010.1672).
Glen E. Erikson was the photographer for the following photographs: 2011-010.1398 to 2011-010.1401, 2011-010.1449, and 2011-010.1470 to 2011-010.1487.
Photographs and ephemeral material have been removed from album for preservation reasons.
Copyright: City of Vancouver (for photos where Glen E. Erikson is the photographer); expiry: unknown