Title and statement of responsibility area
University Women's Club of Vancouver fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1907-1990; predominant 1907-1980 (Creation)
- University Women's Club of Vancouver
Physical description area
- 1.7 m of textual records
- 14 photographs
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The University Women's Club of Vancouver was founded in 1907 by Evelyn Farris and eight other Vancouver University women who wished to "stimulate intellectual activity; promote interest in public affairs and to afford an opportunity for the expression of united opinion; and to facilitate social intercourse and cooperation among university women". The University Women's Club has been actively involved in promoting women's and children's rights and social issues. It has been a recognized voice in community affairs as well as funding scholarships and bursaries.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of minutes, annual reports, financial statements, bulletins, Canadian Federation of University Women Triennial Conference material and a small amount of memorabilia from the years 1907-1964. Fonds also includes photographs depicting interior and exterior views of Hycroft, the club's headquarters, as well as other images of prominent buildings and streets in downtown Vancouver.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated by Mrs. Phyllis Reeve, January 24, 1985, with later donations from the Club via Mrs. Rosemary Mallory, July 18, 1990, and Mrs. Netta Agnew, August 12, 1996.
Photographs in this fonds have been assigned item numbers with the prefix "CVA 434"
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Series and file lists available.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- University Women's Club of Vancouver (Creator)