Bookmark and Share

Item : 1980-251.1 - Suggested civic auditorium and stadium on Kitsilano Reserve

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Suggested civic auditorium and stadium on Kitsilano Reserve

General material designation

  • Architectural drawing

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

AM1594-: 1980-251.1

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Not drawn to scale

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • [193-?] (Creation)
    Creator
    Sharp and Thompson Architects

Physical description area

Physical description

1 architectural drawing : pencil on paper ; 58 x 74 cm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Sharp and Thompson was a Vancouver architectural firm founded in 1908 by George Lister Thornton Sharp and Charles Joseph Thompson. The firm designed many buildings, including the master plan, Sciences Buildings, Main Library and powerhouse for the University of B.C.; the Vancouver Club; the Anglican Theological College at UBC, the Burrard Street Bridge, and a large number of residences; St. Mary's Church, Kerrisdale; the first Vancouver Art Gallery (1931).

After the retirement of George Sharp around 1940 and architects Robert Berwick and Ned Pratt became partners in 1945, the firm was renamed and continued as Thompson, Berwick and Pratt.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Item is an oblique rendering depicting a proposed recreation complex in the current location of Vanier Park, near the south end of the Burrard Street Bridge.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Rights

Public domain

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Container name

  • Cabinet: 699-04-17