Bookmark and Share

St. George's Society (Vancouver, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. George's Society (Vancouver, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1931-

History

St. George's School for Boys was established in 1931 by Captain F. J. Danby-Hunter. In 1934, the school was re-incorporated as St. George's School (1934) Limited. The new organization was governed by a Board of Directors and a Board of Governors. In 1934 a new building was opened as the Senior School. An Old Boys' Society was created and additional lands were purchased. In 1948 the company was voluntarily replaced by the St. George's Benevolent Society. In 1964, a new building for the Senior School was built. The continuing expansion of the school resulted in the 1979 acquisition of a building and grounds for the Junior School.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places