Bookmark and Share

Sigurdson Millwork Company

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Sigurdson Millwork Company

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

John F. (Jack) Sigurdson, born in 1892 in Iceland, was a partner in the firm Hanbury, Rodger, Sigurdson Millwork Co. Ltd. In 1932, the partnership consisted of Rodger and Sigurdson and in 1934 Sigurdson became sole proprietor. Projects included architectural millwork at the Hotel Vancouver, St. Andrew's Wesley Church, St. James' Church, the Marine Building, Government House, and Vancouver International Airport. As demand for architectural millwork declined, the emphasis shifted to custom cabinet work. In 1969, Sigurdson sold the firm to the principals of Dixon & Murray Ltd., who closed the mill in 1976.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places