Title and statement of responsibility area
Pavements, Streets and Sewers Division mechanical equipment inventory
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
ca. 1927-1962 (Creation)
- Vancouver (B.C.). Streets Division
Physical description area
.14 m of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
From spur tracks, vitrified brick, creosoted wood block, and stone blocks, to asphalt and cement, matters pertaining to streets, lanes, alleys, and public thoroughfares have been addressed by various divisions and branches within the Engineering Department and Engineering Services. While the responsibilities associated with this function have changed through time, core duties pertain to:
- street design and construction
- street condition maintenance (including, in the past, scarifying and repairing rocked streets and sanding/oiling streets; and presently, pothole repair/grading)
- weather-related accident mitigation, including sanding, salting, and snow/ice removal
- ensuring streets are clear of unnecessary encroachments, including issuing permits for special events
- landscaping and structures relating to roadways.
Although functions relating to roads and pavements historically have fallen under the purview of separate Assistance City Engineers, the functions were combined (and have continued to be so) since the late 1960s.
Scope and content
Series consists of a card file inventory of mechanical equipment used by the division. Each card records type of equipment and make, purchase date, cost and vendor. Arranged in no apparent order.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
File list available.
No further accruals expected.