Title and statement of responsibility area
Jericho Country Club fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[ca. 1892]-1942 (Creation)
- Jericho Country Club
Physical description area
- 0.24 m of textual records
- ca. 70 photographs
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
In 1892 the first organized Golf Club was formed in Vancouver. The Vancouver Golf Club used the Jericho links until 1894, when they were destroyed by the sea. There followed a move to Brockton Point Athletic Grounds, and another to Moodyville Rifle Range, 1897-1899. In 1902 the C.P.R. range in Point Grey was suspended in favour of a residential town site. In 1905 the Jericho Country Club recommenced construction, which was completed in 1907. In 1924 the Club extended its area, adding tennis, badminton, squash, bowling, and croquet facilities. In 1942 the property was taken over by the Department of National Defence for the use of the R.C.A.F.
Name of creator
Scope and content
The fonds includes records of the Jericho Syndicate Limited (1905) and a list of subscribers; letters concerning the formation of the B.C. Golf Association (1922) and the Pacific Northwest Golf Association (1926); a guest list for the farewell reception of 1942; writings on the early history of the Club; photographs; a blueprint, J.H. Bushnell, "Plan of part of Lots 176 and 538"; two small maps of the golf course, one of the country club location; a book of membership applications, 1919-1928; clippings; and a scrapbook belonging to J.R. Waghorn, Chairman of the Golf Committee, containing correspondence, 1916-1917, and clippings from 1916-1931.
Immediate source of acquisition
Presented in 1943 by E.E. Beck, Secretary of the Jericho Golf Club.
Photographs in this fonds have been assigned item numbers with the prefix "CVA 255" or "CVA 771"
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
File list available.