Bookmark and Share

Jericho Country Club

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Jericho Country Club

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

In 1892 the first organized Golf Club was formed in Vancouver. The Vancouver Golf Club used the Jericho links until 1894, when they were destroyed by the sea. There followed a move to Brockton Point Athletic Grounds, and another to Moodyville Rifle Range, 1897-1899. In 1902 the C.P.R. range in Point Grey was suspended in favour of a residential town site. In 1905 the Jericho Country Club recommenced construction, which was completed in 1907. In 1924 the Club extended its area, adding tennis, badminton, squash, bowling, and croquet facilities. In 1942 the property was taken over by the Department of National Defence for the use of the R.C.A.F.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes