Print preview Close

Showing 56 results

Archival description
Vancouver Museums and Planetarium Association fonds Item Churches
Print preview View:

56 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

[Wesley Choir's last stand - flashlight taken Sunday evening, August 31, 1930, following the singing of "Handel's Hallelujah" - henceforth Wesley and St. Andrew's are one]

Photograph shows the choir of the Wesley Methodist Church posed in front of the church organ before the church's amalgamation with St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church to form St. Andrew's Wesley United Church.

[Panorama view of Vancouver looking north from Nelson Street]

Prominent buildings in photograph are: Manhattan Apartments (784 Thurlow Street), Marine Building (355 Burrard Street), Hotel Vancouver (900 West Georgia Street), Provincial Court House (750 Hornby Street); Second Hotel Vancouver (Granville Street), Vancouver Block (736 Granville Street), First Baptist Church (969 Burrard Street) and St. Andrew's-Wesley United Church (1012 Nelson Street).

Men and women who tore the old church down [St. James' Church, 303 East Cordova Street]

The photograph is accompanied by a note identifying most of the individuals in the photograph: R. Schou, Father A. R. Whitehead, M. Laurie, Rev. Silk, W. Ramsay, Father Cooper, E. Southcott, F. McFarland, W. Williamson, W. Cook, Park, W. Nuose, E. Buxton, Burnham, Preke, Mrs. Ambrose, Miss Cooper, Mrs. McFarland, E. Walters, H. Long.

Results 1 to 50 of 56