Showing 73066 results

Archival description
Vancouver (B.C.)
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

68752 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Burrard Inlet sheet II

Item is a copy of a portion of a manuscript map of Burrard Inlet, created during the H.M.S. Plumper survey of the area. Sheet shows the eastern portion of the Inlet, including the southern portion of the North Arm.

United Kingdom. Admiralty

Plan of Hastings

Map is a negative photostatic copy of a plan of lots offered for auction in Hastings on 10th July 1869, indicating which lots were sold and which lots were reserved. Plan also shows the locations of government buildings, a church, a hospital, Oliver M. Hocking's house and stable, the road from New Westminster to Burrard Inlet, Mae N. (Broughton), and [bearing] to Moody's Mill. This map does not include the typed note by J.S. Matthews, 1933, titled "First Sale of Lots, 1869 (City of Vancouver), Hocking's." The map was certified by Robert Beaver, C.C.L&W, as a true copy from the map in the Lands and Works Office, 21st June 1873. Also included with the map are drafts of the text by Major Matthews.

Plan of Hastings

Map is a photostatic copy of a plan of lots offered for auction in Hastings on 10th July, 1869, indicating which lots were sold and which lots were reserved. Plan also shows the locations of government buildings, a church, a hospital, Oliver M. Hocking's house and stable, the road from New Westminster to Burrard Inlet, Mae N. (Broughton), and [bearing] to Moody's Mill. Includes a note by J.S. Matthews, 1933, titled "First Sale of Lots, 1869 (City of Vancouver), Hocking's." The map was certified by Robert Beaver, C.C.L&W, as a true copy from the map in the Lands and Works Office, 21st June 1873. Also included with the map are drafts of the text by Major Matthews.

Plan of Hastings

Map is a negative photostatic copy of a plan of lots offered for auction in Hastings on 10th July 1869, indicating which lots were sold and which lots were reserved. Plan also shows the locations of government buildings, a church, a hospital, Oliver M. Hocking's house and stable, the road from New Westminster to Burrard Inlet, Mae N. (Broughton), and [bearing] to Moody's Mill. Includes a note by J.S. Matthews, 1933, titled "First Sale of Lots, 1869 (City of Vancouver), Hocking's." The original map was certified by Robert Beaver, C.C.L&W, as a true copy from the map in the Lands and Works Office, 21st June 1873. Also included with the map are drafts of the text by Major Matthews.

Plan of Hastings

Map is a photostatic copy of a plan of lots offered for auction in Hastings on 10th July 1869, indicating which lots were sold and which lots were reserved. Plan also shows the locations of government buildings, a church, a hospital, Oliver M. Hocking's house and stable, the road from New Westminster to Burrard Inlet, Mae N. (Broughton), and [bearing] to Moody's Mill. This map does not include the typed note by J.S. Matthews, 1933, titled "First Sale of Lots, 1869 (City of Vancouver), Hocking's." The map was certified by Robert Beaver, C.C.L&W, as a true copy from the map in the Lands and Works Office, 21st June 1873. Also included with the map are drafts of the text by Major Matthews.

Plan of Hastings

Map is a plan of lots offered for auction in Hastings on 10th July 1869, indicating which lots were sold and which lots were reserved. Plan also shows the locations of government buildings, a church, a hospital, Oliver M. Hocking's house and stable, the road from New Westminster to Burrard Inlet, Mae N. (Broughton), and [bearing] to Moody's Mill. Pasted onto the front of the map is a typed note by J.S. Matthews, 1933, titled "First Sale of Lots, 1869 (City of Vancouver), Hocking's." The map was certified by Robert Beaver, C.C.L&W, as a true copy from the map in the Lands and Works Office, 21st June 1873. Also included with the map are drafts of the text by Major Matthews.

Plan of Hastings

Map is a photostatic copy of MAP 1037.01, showing a plan of lots offered for auction in Hastings on 10th July 1869 and indicating which lots were sold and which lots were reserved. Plan also shows the locations of government buildings, a church, a hospital, Oliver M. Hocking's house and stable, the road from New Westminster to Burrard Inlet, Mae N. (Broughton), and [bearing] to Moody's Mill. This map does not include the typed note by J.S. Matthews, 1933, titled "First Sale of Lots, 1869 (City of Vancouver), Hocking's." The map was certified by Robert Beaver, C.C.L&W, as a true copy from the map in the Lands and Works Office, 21st June 1873. Also included with the map are drafts of the text by Major Matthews.

[A group of men]

Studio portrait showing Mr. Eberts, H.J. Cambie, Mr. Bell, Jack Grey, Mr. McMillan, J.H. Secretan, Marcus Smith, Dennis Harris and others. Labelled diagram showing who is where is stored with print

Map of portion New Westminster District

Item is a heavily-amended copy of a map illustrating intended land settlement and subdivision in 1877 in the future sites of Vancouver, Burnaby and the North Shore, from an area bordering on English Bay to an area bordering on North Arm. Also shown are bodies of water, Hastings & Granville Road, and the settlements of Hastings and Granville. Annotations by J.S. Matthews in 1954 made on the copy are tracings in white pen and darkening the background to improve the copy.

Map of portion New Westminster District

Item is an annotated tracing of a map showing the future sites of Vancouver, Burnaby and the North Shore from an area bordering on English Bay to an area bordering on North Arm. Traced over by J.S. Matthews in 1954, it illustrates intended land settlement and subdivision in 1877. Also shown are bodies of water, Hastings & Granville Road, and the settlements of Hastings and Granville. Annotations are an introductory note by Matthews in August 1954 titled "Before Greater Vancouver." Enclosed with the map are four letters between J.S. Matthews and W.H. Hutchinson, Chief of the Geographic Division of the B.C. Survey and Mapping Branch of the Department of Lands and Forests, in 1954 concerning the map's provenance and Matthew's efforts to increase the legibility of copies of the original map.

Town-site of Hastings

Map shows Hastings Town-site, Granville Town-site, Burnaby, and the City of New Westminster. Map also shows the Road from Granville and the False Creek Trail, as well as the names of places and soil types found along these roads. Other places and structures noted include Burrard Inlet, Coal Harbour (Coal Harbor on map), False Creek, False Creek Bridge, Burnaby Lake, Fraser River, New Westminster and Burrard Inlet Road, Douglas Road, Edinburgh Street, Columbia Street, Richards Street, and the New Westminster Cemetery. Two notes on map read "Plan to accompany Report of 1st May 1883, Joseph Hunter" and "Memo: Mr. Ross will place [?] this map to the [Engs.] Office Victoria [?]." 14T3 Roads & Trails is printed on the side of the map.

Plan 3

Map shows present and proposed roads of the Lower Mainland and northern Washington State, as well as road repairs. Map covers the area from Point Grey to Hope and from Burrard Inlet to Bellingham Bay. Trails and roads indicated on the map include Telegraph Trail, Waggon Road and Pitt River Waggon Road, as well as several unnamed trails. Major bodies of water indicated on the map are Burrard Inlet, False Creek, Burnaby Lake, Pitt River, Fraser River, Sumas Lake, Sumas River, Chulukweyuk River, Harrison River, Boundary Bay, Semiahmoo Bay and Bellingham Bay. Place names are indicated throughout the map. 11T3 Roads & Trails is printed on the side of the map.

[The Nye family]

Group portrait showing left to right (back row): William Nye, Joseph Nye, Gertrude Nye, Arthur Dalton and Alice Nye; (front row): Kate Nye, Mrs. W. Nye (nee Mary Silverthorne) and Mr. W. Nye

Plan of a portion of the water front of Vancouver city

Item is a tracing of a map showing the Vancouver waterfront between Granville and Carrall streets. The original map contains a number of attestations which have been traced: by W.C. Van Horne (Mar. 11, 1886); H.J. Cambie, Engineer in charge (Feb. 22, 1886); T. Trudeau, Deputy Minister of Railways (31 Mar. 1886); and Land Registry office (12 May 1886). The Tracing was made from a copy submitted as an appendix to an affadvit May 28, 1891.

Results 1 to 50 of 73066