The fonds consists of a minute book, 1904-1913.
British Columbia Plate Glass and Importing Company
The fonds consists of a minute book, 1904-1913.
British Columbia Plate Glass and Importing Company
The collection consists of a notebook containing notes on Union Steamship Company vessels 1889-1892, freightage charges for different cargoes, and rates and fare schedules for other steam ship companies operating along the B.C. coast and the Lower Fraser River ca. 1900.
The collection consists of a list of the wartime vessels built by Burrard Drydock Co. Ltd., 1941-1944, including date keel laid, launch, trials for North Sands and Victory ships.
The collection consists of a warrant from the "Committee of Plundered Ministers" directing the payment of six pounds [sterling] to Gabriel Wilkinson, minister of the Parish Church at Woobourne, Bucks., dated 23 March 1651.
The collection consists of photocopies of a typescript "Collected Poems of C.E. Arnott: 1940-1973".
The collection consists of a report on Traffic and Earnings of Proposed First Narrows Bridge which was prepared in March 1934 and sent to Robinson and Steinman, Consulting Engineers of New York the following month.
The collection consists of a letter of appreciation from the Chinese Merchants' Exchange.
The paper "The Case for Police Reform: Vancouver 1982" was researched and written for a University of British Columbia history course.
The collection consists of an analysis of the 1930 Voters' List by ward and poll, compiled by David Gibson.
The collection consists of a photocopy of Diane Matters' graduating essay entitled "The Development of Public Welfare Institutions in Vancouver, 1910-1920", submitted for the Honours History Program at the University of Victoria in 1973.
The collection consists of a 24-page typescript of an address given by McGregor to the B.C. Historical Association, Vancouver Branch, in 1961.
The collection consists of an Agreeement of Sale for the north half of Lot 1 of Block 5 of District Lot 185.
The collection consists of one paper entitled "An Ordinary Life : Life Histories of Women in the Urban Core", a report by Norma Jean McCallan and Katherine Roback of the Downtown Eastside Women's Centre. " Chinese, Native and Caucasian senior women from Vancouver's urban core were asked to give their life stories on tape. The histories that emerged tell of immigration experiences, hardship of war, poverty, disability, and hard work." Divided into categories such as "historical events", "Immigration", "Work", "Disabilities", "Women's Conditions", "Government", "Perceptions of Downtown Eastside". The paper is an edited compilation of interviews conducted in the summer of 1978.
Downtown Eastside Women's Centre
The collection consists of a petition to establish a branch of the Eastern Townships Bank, a list of some 150 signatures dated 23 May 1910. The Eastern Townships Bank was petitioned and established a branch in Kitsilano in 1910 at 4th Avenue and Yew Street. In 1912 the bank was absorbed by the Canadian Bank of Commerce.
The collection consists of a typescript, "The Years that the Locust Hath Eaten -Notes on the Life of E.N. Harvie", published in the Dogwod Bark from 1976 to 1978.
The collection consists of a report on the audit of the Vancouver Women's Building Ltd.
The collection consists of a letter written by Thomas Drury of West Essa in Upper Canada to his sister Emily of Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire. It contains comments on economic and social conditions, railway speculation, and personal family matters. It seems that Thomas Drury was a merchant who had business dealings with local farmers.
The collection consists of a four-page letter written to Ellen M. Webber of Ottawa. It describes Johnson's ill-health after a sea voyage and her recent visit with the recipient of the letter. The letter contains an additional note suggesting that the letter was written in April 1908. However, Johnson was in London, England, when she wrote the letter and she was not in London in April 1908.
The collection consists of a letter written by Pauline Johnson to a Mr. Fleming on 8 December 1912 from a Bute Street hospital. The letter deals with business matters. There is also an autograph.
The collection consists of a census book of Fraser Mills dated 1910.
The collection consists of a letter dated October 26, 1797 from Captain George Vancouver at Petersham to James Symes requesting correction of sums paid at the Cape of Good Hope, 1791, and Valparaiso, 1795, to several persons. Captain Vancouver used an incorrect exchange rate.
The collection consists of photocopies of a manuscript index to the Canadian Merchant Service Guild annuals, 1920-1955.
The collection consists of a diary kept between 1862 and 1905 by an unidentified person, who travelled extensively around the world working at various jobs, including gold mining, prospecting and farming. This person worked in South Africa, California and the Pacific Northwest.
The collection consists of an original parchment of the commission given by Admiral Sir George Brydges Rodney appointing George Vancouver fourth lieutenant of H.M.S. "Fame".
The collection consists of an account book showing details of clearing brush and burning under contract to City of Vancouver, June to October 1939, and details of some piece-work, June 1935.
The collection consists of the manuscript "The Spark & Gasoline Club", a history of the British Columbia Automobile Association.
The collection consists of a photocopied roster assembled by Ernie Plant on the streetcars of the British Columbia Electric Railway Company. The roster gives the streetcar number, the builder's name, date of construction and details regarding dimensions, weight and motor type.
The collection consists of a letter written by Father Clinton on 3 April 1886 to his sister-in-law in Hertfordshire.
The collection consists of a scrapbook of newspaper clippings, which relate to aviation and to airplanes in Vancouver 1915-1919, 1941.
The collection consists of a police court summons for automobile speeding at 10 m.p.h., 20 September 1913. A photograph of the vehicle is attached.
The collection consists of a leaflet prepared for the 1979 Coal Harbour Reunion by Raincoast Chronicles and Joe Simson. The contents are the reminiscenses of Jim Campbell about his life and work in Coal Harbour.
The scrapbook contains chiefly newspaper clippings on poetry, Chester B. Macneill, a prominent Vancouver lawyer, and on Vancouver's social circle in the 1940s. There are miscellaneous letters and notes relating to poetry and C.B. Macneill.
The collection consists of a letter dated 28 June 1870 to his brother, Tom, in Hull, England. Deighton describes his life and success as the owner of an hotel saloon. He also discusses family and personal matters.
The collection consists of a photocopy of a four-page letter written by John Blair to a friend shortly after his arrival in B.C. in 1880. The letter, dated July 25, describes the journey of his brother and himself and their life after their arrival, including brief comments on working in a fish cannery, countryside and prices encountered.
The collection consists of a transcript by John Kirkhope, detailing the history of the choir.
The collection consists of a scrapbook containing miscellaneous items as diverse as high school club correspondence, 1937; Camp Elphinstone publications, 1930-1939; Campbell River Timber Company payroll slips, 1935; newspaper rate coupons, 1934; and newspaper clippings.
The collection consists of a copy of a letter re distribution of the "British Columbia" newspaper in the interior from John Robson, 1865.
The collection consists of a reminiscence entitled "My Sixty (60) Years in the Forest Industry".
The collection consists of a scrapbook of newspaper clippings concerning Air Raid Precautions (A.R.P.) and other civilian defence activities in British Columbia, October 1 to December 31, 1942.
The collection consists of photocopies of a "List of Shipping Casualties Resulting in Total Loss in British Columbia Coastal Waters since 1897" (to 1966).
The collection consists of a Chinese immigration certificate issued to Sum Jung Boo by the Immigration Branch, Department of the Interior, 1918, with subsequent stampings to 1932; includes photograph. The control of immigration of Asians into Canada has a long history in British Columbia. This certificate notes that "it is not an admission, that the party to whom it is issued, was ever legally admitted into Canada ...".
The collection consists of a research paper "The C.P.R. Drake Street Roundhouse and Shops, A Documentary History", prepared for Heritage Conservation Branch by Ken Pedlow. The C.P.R. Drake Street Roundhouse on the north shore of False Creek was begun in 1887 and was added onto several times between then and 1950.
Collection consists of a single plan depicting structural details of the vessel.
The collection consists of an incomplete letter written to "Fanny" by an unidentified correspondent from New Westminster, 11 May 1883, describing May Day and a picnic. (The original pencil has been written over ca. 1940 by the donor.)
Item is a letter thanking Ms. Hankey for a donation to the Archives of records pertaining to the Empress of India. The letter contains Matthew's reminiscences about passenger vessels in British Columbia. Accompanying the letter is a photograph of the Empress of India (a reprint of Bo P8 N20).
The collection consists of a letter and testimonials from the Vancouver City Hall Employees' Association to a fellow employee departing from City Hall employment, 1925.
The collection consists of photocopies of the Roedde family register taken from the family Bible.
The collection consists of Margaret Andrews' essay entitled "Boosterism and Makeshift Government: Vancouver's Public Health Services 1886-1888", which was presented to a graduate history seminar at U.B.C. in April 1976.
The manuscript is a study of prostitution in Vancouver using primarily the Police Court calendars and Board of Health minutes.
The collection consists of a manuscript containing a history of the McNair-Fraser Lumber Company, Vancouver, by David M. Rees-Thomas. In 1906, the McNair Timber Company was incorporated in Vancouver. The timber limits were located in what is now the British Properties of West Vancouver. In 1907, a logging railway was begun by the company and during the same year a partnership was entered into with Russell L. Fraser and the new corporation was known as the McNair-Fraser Lumber Company Ltd. By 1918, the company was out of existence. Robert McNair continued to work in the industry as president of Robert McNair Shingle Company Ltd.