Title and statement of responsibility area
Air Stunts, Bailing Out, Scaling Mt. Rainier, [and] Yosemite in Winter
General material designation
- Moving images
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- A Cine Art Picture* Cine Art Productions
- Statements of responsibility: Statement of responsibility taken from the opening credits of the film. Scaling Mt. Rainier and Yosemite in Winter are part of the World Travel Series, under Cine Art Productions. Yosemite in Winter is part of the Yosemite National Park Series and photographed by Lenwood Abbott.
- Source of title proper: Title taken from opening credits of the films.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[ca. 1928] (Creation)
- Stock symbol on blank film attached at head and tail indicates that the film could have been made near 1928 or 1948. Stock symbols on the body of the film are not dateable. This date was chosen based on the contents of the film.
Physical description area
1 film reel (14 min., 9 sec : 382 feet) : acetate, duplicate, negative, b&w, silent ; 16 mm, tinted
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
(Nov. 7, 1887 - July 27, 1960)
Scope and content
Item is 4 films spliced together onto one film reel. Air Stunts documents an airplane performing stunts and landing in an air field. Bailing Out documents an airplane pilot jumping out of a plane, pulling his parachute open, and landing in a field. Scaling Mt. Rainier documents people tobogganing, snowshoeing, dog sledding and mountain climbing at a lodge on Mt. Rainier. Yosemite in Winter documents people snowshoeing, skiing, snowball fighting, and skating on Mirror Lake.
- Condition report on file.
Running time calculated at 18 frames per second (standard for silent film).
- Includes narrative captions.
- Film is on colour stock.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Available as a digital file
Restrictions on access
Original film is not available for viewing.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Number 92 punched onto original blank leader at head.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Digital object metadata