Title and statement of responsibility area
A chart shewing part of the coast of N.W. America
General material designation
- Cartographic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Continuation of title: ...with the tracks of His Majesty's Sloop Discovery and Armed Trader Chatham commanded by George Vancouver, Esq. and prepared under his immediate inspection by Lieutenant Joseph Baker in which the Continental Shore has been correctly traced...
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Cowly, Wales, and the Cotswold Collotype Co. Ltd.
- Publication date is for this particular reproduction. Original map on which it is based published May 1, 1798.
Physical description area
4 maps on 1 sheet : lithographic print, col. ; 58 x 46 cm (on sheet 75 x 55 cm)
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
Item is a map, which is a coloured reproduction made in 1974 of one of the charts made in 1798 of George Vancouver's surveys of the Pacific coast of North America. The plate depicts the area from Cape Lookout, north to Cape Swain. The routes taken by Vancouver are marked. Inset map shows a survey of Port Stewart. Three inset maps show the entrance of the Columbia River, Port of Discovery and Gray's Harbour. The routes taken by Captain Vancouver are marked.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
A digital copy of this material is available on-line.
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Reproduction: Map is number 36 of a limited edition of 500 printed on handmade paper.
- Format: TIFF (LZW compressed)
- MD5: A0C4349DEA67B3A48B76646EFEEB070B
- Size: 61535292 bytes