Bookmark and Share

Central City Mission (Vancouver, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Central City Mission (Vancouver, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

In the early 1900s, a number of concerned people began to hold "store front" meetings in an effort to help transient and destitute men. In 1908, they founded the Central City Mission at 233 Abbott St. It was incorporated as an interdenominational mission in 1909. To cope with the large number of impoverished persons who needed the assistance of the mission, construction started on a larger building in 1910. In subsequent years, the Central City Mission has provided meals and accommodation, as well as counselling, to many of the city's poorer citizens. In 1978, the mission building was extensively renovated and expanded and in 1992 the organization moved to 415 West Pender St.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places