Bookmark and Share

Alcazar Hotel

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Alcazar Hotel

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Alcazar Hotel, at the corner of Dunsmuir and Homer, opened in 1913. William Stanford Wainwright managed it from 1913 until his death in 1943. After his death, it was managed by Iris Violet Wainwright, his widow. In 1947, the hotel was purchased by Mrs. Wainwright and her two sons, W. F. Wainwright and P.R. Wainwright. The hotel was demolished in 1982.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes