Bookmark and Share

Item : LEG2284.41 - Aerial survey [photograph] #17

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Aerial survey [photograph] #17

General material designation

  • Photograph
  • Cartographic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

AM967-S2-: LEG2284.41

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Scale [1:2400]

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • June 1965 (Creation)
    Creator
    Vancouver (B.C.). Planning Department

Physical description area

Physical description

1 map : photo-mechanical reproduction

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1952-present)

Administrative history

The Planning Department was established on November 1, 1952 with the appointment of the Director of Planning, further to the July 1951 report commissioned by City Council from town planning consultants Harold Spence-Sales and John Bland (PD 335). The report had proposed that the Vancouver Town Planning Commission hand over the work intensive and detailed aspects of planning but maintain the advisory role to City Council (renamed Vancouver City Planning Commission in 1972). Those aspects were taken on by the new Planning Department, while the more substantial Zoning By-law interpretation and exception decision-making, as well as the broader aspects of city planning were carried out by a committee of relevant senior staff and officials, which was called the Technical Planning Board. The Board was chaired by the Director of Planning.

Previous to the establishment of the Planning Department in 1952 the Town Planning Commission was responsible for city planning (1926-1952). The earliest town planning or city planning activity was carried out under the authority of City Council, in conjunction with the Board of Works, and the Engineering Department (1886-1926).

Custodial history

Scope and content

Item is a map in the form of an aerial survey photograph which shows the west side of Vancouver bounded in the north and south by 14th Ave. and S.W. Marine Drive, and in the east and west by Blenheim St. and Sasamat St.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Container name

  • Cabinet: 494-09-05