Bookmark and Share

Series S135 - Aerial survey cronaflex positives and paper prints

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Aerial survey cronaflex positives and paper prints

General material designation

  • Photograph

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of series.

Level of description

Series

Reference code

COV-S135

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1962-1994 (Creation)
    Creator
    Vancouver (B.C.). Planning Department

Physical description area

Physical description


  • 5 maps : some col. ; 43 x 61 cm. or smaller
  • 191 photographs : b&w cronaflex positives ; 121 x 106 cm or smaller
  • 408 paper prints ; ill. ; 108 x 116 cm. or smaller

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1952-present)

Administrative history

The Planning Department was established on November 1, 1952 with the appointment of the Director of Planning, further to the July 1951 report commissioned by City Council from town planning consultants Harold Spence-Sales and John Bland (PD 335). The report had proposed that the Vancouver Town Planning Commission hand over the work intensive and detailed aspects of planning but maintain the advisory role to City Council (renamed Vancouver City Planning Commission in 1972). Those aspects were taken on by the new Planning Department, while the more substantial Zoning By-law interpretation and exception decision-making, as well as the broader aspects of city planning were carried out by a committee of relevant senior staff and officials, which was called the Technical Planning Board. The Board was chaired by the Director of Planning.

Previous to the establishment of the Planning Department in 1952 the Town Planning Commission was responsible for city planning (1926-1952). The earliest town planning or city planning activity was carried out under the authority of City Council, in conjunction with the Board of Works, and the Engineering Department (1886-1926).

Custodial history

Scope and content

Series consists of cronaflex stereoscapic aerial survey photographs used for data collection to support planning and engineering activities. The photographs were created by a variety of photographic firms, under contract for the Planning Department. The series includes index maps for many of the flights. Some years are incomplete.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Transferred from Graphic Services Group in 1991, 1992 and 1993.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres